Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sometimes it's the little things...

Little Girl loves to help me and Hubby open our mail. Of course, her idea of help involves a lot of slobber, but it's the thought that counts, right? Hubby receives many packages that involve bubble wrap for safe shipping. Wow is that exciting stuff for a little one!! I know many adults who love to pop the bubbles... Well Little Girl couldn't get over the cool texture and sounds she was encountering! As much as I was loving seeing her enjoy exploring, there is a not-so-little part of me that was not exactly excited to see my daughter trying to shove plastic into her mouth... So what's a mommy to do? I didn't want to take away something that would be so fun, but I didn't want to encourage plastic eating... Here was my solution:

I know you can't see it, but there is a lovely piece of bubble wrap inside of this little makeshift pillowcase. Now Little Girl can chew away on her once unsafe plaything; those new teeth won't be ripping pieces of plastic off for her to swallow. And this can go in the washing machine, which is great. (I don't put it in the dryer, though....)

No comments:

Post a Comment